We are looking for a talented software developer to help build our world-class cloud based network operations centre for seismic analysis.
Are you someone who has had a lifelong interest in all things software and is passionate about making an impact while creating elegant architectures and designs? This could be the opportunity for you!
- You will be part of a team that uses an iterative approach with frequent delivery and deployment of software applications for earthquake detection and seismic data analysis
- You will develop software features and work with both the Software team and the Ops team to ensure smooth and efficient rollouts of each release to the cloud. Our development environment includes Ruby on Rails, Java, Angular, and Git
- You will research and integrate new technologies for builds, cloud deployment, monitoring, security, and scalability
- You will ensure your software meets high quality standards required for a 24/7 customer facing service solution
- You will organize and improve our cloud services by working with technologies that include Docker, AWS, and Maven
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a strong software background
- 3-5 years of professional software development experience
- Experience deploying and maintaining cloud-based applications
- A strong development background and familiarity with Docker, Linux scripting and Amazon Web Services
Qualities & Assets:
- A track record of delivering and maintaining well-designed and tested software, and providing deployment solutions for your software
- Solid experience in any of: DevOps, Ruby on Rails, Angular, Python, SQL databases, Docker, Cloud Services
- A strong interest is the latest software technologies and cloud technologies
- A desire to work in a collaborative, small team setting where you will have the ability to impact and take ownership of projects
- A strong desire to create an outstanding user experience
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer and we support a diverse workforce.