The Director of Global Trade Services will provide corporate support to the business development, sales and product teams who operate in a complex global environment.
As the prime corporate representative, you will facilitate contract negotiations, international legal and financial compliance, as well as providing export finance services. This position is suited to somebody who enjoys the challenge of working across the business in a dynamic and ever changing environment.
- Minimise investment risk, optimise trade operations and improve profitability
- Provide guidance back to corporate support teams such as Finance to ensure that the substance of complex transactions are clearly understood and actioned
- Conduct research and implement strategies to ensure international transactions are compliant with international law, taxation and trade agreements
- Ensure compliance to export controls and trade agreements
- Provide export finance services to sales teams such as bid guarantees, letters of credit, and credit risk services
- Provide corporate support for large bids and tenders and ensure compliance with corporate terms and conditions
- Ensure product compliance to international trade law, trade agreements and export controls
- Research VAT, Income Tax, Duties etc for international transactions and provide guidance to Finance
- Manage transaction risk exposure by providing insurance, legal services and ensuring operations teams include risk mitigation in their policies and operating procedures
- Negotiate agreements and ensure compliance to contracts with customers and sub contractors
- Provide legal support to ensure agreements are in place and compliance is maintained for all strategic relationships, including supply chain and sales representative agreements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business or Law
- 7-10 Years’ progressive experience (including management) in a similar role
- A demonstrated ability to present, discuss and negotiate plans at the strategic level with senior executives and peers in other groups within the company
Qualities & Assets:
- Experience with international compliance (regulatory / tax)
- Experience in International growth strategies
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified individuals and are dedicated to supporting persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer and we support a diverse workforce.