Join our Manufacturing Operations team!
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated Manufacturing Test Engineer. This person will be responsible for the development and optimization of the manufacturing processes involved in the test and verification of custom Nanometrics products.
If you are a quick learner and eager to take on new challenges this is a great opportunity for you to showcase your skills!
- Develop and document robust, flexible and efficient manufacturing test processes and procedures to ensure products are manufacturable and cost effective
- Implement initiatives to optimize utilization of machinery, materials, and resources
- Analyze labour costs and initial production yields, and develop strategies to minimize overall product cost
- Design, develop and conduct time studies and work simplification programs
- Develop quality and maintenance standards, schedules and programs
- Develop and implement organizational and management systems including LEAN, SixSigma and 5S
- Support Production in investigating yield crashes, manufacturing station issues, and part non-compliance
- Provide employee training on new and existing manufacturing test procedures
- Work closely with technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, and other engineers
- Develop project plans for new initiatives, and ensure that those plans are well communicated and are executed in a timely manner
- A Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required
- 2-3 years of Electrical Engineering experience in an industrial setting
- 2-3 years of experience in the design or manufacture of electronic products designed for recurring production rates of 50-500 per month
- Current knowledge of latest equipment, software, data archiving, trends and approaches to product testing and automated test methods
- Working knowledge of the measurement methods and techniques used in evaluating Analog, Digital, and RF systems
Qualities & Assets:
- Skills in MS Excel, MS Access (or other SQL-based databases), LabView, and WinSPC. Java Ruby on Rails, C/C++ or other programming languages
- Experience with LEAN and SixSigma principles and processes
- Experience in document management (product change orders, BOMs, test specifications and procedures, etc.) and administrative processes
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer and we support a diverse workforce.