We are looking for a dedicated Material Handler to work in our manufacturing operations department where we produce our world-leading seismic sensor equipment!
You will be tasked in this role with the prioritization of work orders in the manufacturing area as well as the safety and surveillance of all production inventory, warehouse and kitting areas within manufacturing.
- Perform physical and administrative tasks involved in the receipt, storage, and movement of material through the production cycle
- Determine and distribute work order priorities to the manufacturing lines
- Sort, post and file inventory records and production schedules
- Prepare shop work orders and review stock records to determine stock status against requirements
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and safety of inventory, warehouse and kitting spaces
- Perform periodic and regular inventory counts
- Provide backup to shipping and receiving, as required
- Identify opportunities for innovation and process improvements
- 3-5 years of material handling or production control experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior ERP experience an asset
- Physical ability to do some lifting and transportation of heavy raw materials (~40lbs) and finished products
Qualities & Assets:
- Proficiency with computer systems (MS Office, Excel, Word) and Google Suite
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified individuals and are dedicated to supporting persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer and we support a diverse workforce.