We are looking for someone who can understand the needs and problems of both new and existing customers in the Seismology market in order to craft large program contracts and opportunities for Nanometrics products and services.
This is a great entry level role for someone enthusiastic about technology and geoscience and is looking to gain experience in a niche field.
- Meet sales targets for Revenue, Margin and Bookings
- Take control of the Company’s existing accounts and relationships
- Advise customers and clients on our suite of seismological products and services
- Coach customers and clients on complex solutions
- Prepare and present unique and insightful solutions and proposals
- Attend tradeshows and scientific workshops in N. America and possibly elsewhere.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing, and Services to deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Manage the sales process through the company CRM
- Travel approximately 30-40% within the region
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the Geosciences
- 2-3 years of previous sales or business development experience in a high tech environment
- Previous experience selling to Academia and Government
Qualities & Assets:
- Comfortable in the field and in the boardroom
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the business, science, problems and commercial drivers in the Seismology market
- Ability to think at a strategic level rather than product or volume sales
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified individuals and are dedicated to supporting persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer and we support a diverse workforce.