As the Senior Manager of Technical Operations, you will be responsible for coordinating and advancing our seismic network operations strategy.
We are looking for someone who is at home both in an engineering systems development environment and who thrives in a fast-paced systems project execution team!
- Provide technical direction and systems design leadership within the Seismology Business unit
- Provide project management for large and complex deployments
- Maintain high level contacts with existing and potential customers and develop strong relations, driving customer satisfaction with key decision makers
- Review and reshape network operations and support products to meet the changing needs of our customers
- Act as the primary resource on all issues related to execution of systems and services, including planning, cost/budget compliance, on-site execution, and resource allocation
- Manage a team of systems engineers and support technologists including line managers and team leads
- Collaborate with Sales, Manufacturing, Product Management, and R&D to learn from field experience to help improve all aspects of our products, services and operations
- Ensure the team is in full compliance with Company HSE and Quality systems
- Manage and oversee personnel development plans and monitor competency skills of employees
- Ensure the group is staffed to meet contractual obligations
- Approximately 25% travel is required in this position
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or Sciences
- 10+ years’ of experience in systems engineering
- 5+ years’ of supervisory experience
- Software development skills in Python, Java and general scripting languages
- Proficient in the systems design of complex, real-time, mission critical systems
Qualities & Assets:
- Beneficial to have Master’s degree in Geosciences or equivalent related field
- Experience with complex network systems having power, communications, networking, computing and instrument components
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer and we support a diverse workforce.