Seismic Monitoring Services
We are looking for a junior developer to become a member of a high calibre team of experienced software developers and scientists who create cloud-based software services. Our services help our clients by providing timely analysis of natural and man-made seismological events.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is truly passionate about software to grow their career!
- Develop software for our applications focused on earthquake detection, data analysis, and notifications
- Work with Scientists and Product Managers to understand the requirements of our software services
- Work with the Ops team to ensure smooth and efficient roll-outs of each release to the cloud
- Practice continuous learning that allows you to work with technologies such as: Python, Java, Ruby on Rails, Angular, SQL databases, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Microservices, and others. Time to learn new technologies is provided
- Use Agile processes in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Systems Engineering or equivalent
- 1-2 years of professional software development experience. For new grads, co-op experience is acceptable
- An interest in full-stack development and user experience (UX)
Qualities & Assets:
- Experience with mathematical analysis
- Experience with user interface design and implementation
- Experience with or interest in:
- Physics, seismology, or geophysics
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified individuals and are dedicated to supporting persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer and we support a diverse workforce.