Be a key contributor to new product definition, introduction and life-cycle management!
Alongside the Senior Product Manager, the Technical Product Manager will work cross functionally with R&D, Sales, Marketing, Systems Engineering and Technical Writing to act as a technical liaison focusing on blending big picture engineering and tactical support to meet customer expectations and grow the business.
This is a growth opportunity role for someone who has a strong technical background and is looking for the opportunity to work in a customer facing and business focused position.
- Understand and effectively communicate the purpose and mission of new product initiatives
- Prepare detailed analysis and technology assessment of competitive products
- Define target use case scenarios and user personas
- Generate technical requirements of products from market research, technical evaluation, as well as direct or indirect customer feedback
- Coordinate feature implementation with development team
- Review and help develop customer-facing technical documents for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare and present technical and commercial training material for Sales, Marketing, and Support teams
- Prepare and perform product demonstrations for internal and external audiences
- Support commercial teams as a subject matter expert
- A University degree in either Science or Engineering
- 2-3 years of relevant experience related to product management
- Direct customer support engineering experience
Qualities & Assets:
- Experience with Agile product development methodology
- Intuitive understanding of and passion for what makes a product great!
Nanometrics is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Nanometrics is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer and we support a diverse workforce.