Explore our key resources
- Real-Time Induced Seismicity Forecasting and Risk Management Utilizing Research-grade Seismic Catalogs | Presentation/PosterPractical management of induced seismicity risk and effective mitigation approaches are crucial to oil and gas operations.
- Seismic Monitoring Services Brochure | BrochureBuilding on over 30 years of seismic instrumentation development, Nanometrics has evolved into a market leader in turnkey seismic monitoring for the energy production sector.
- In response to induced seismicity observed in western Canada, existing public networks have been densified and a number of private networks have been deployed to closely monitor induced earthquakes associated with oil and gas operations in the region.
- GeoScience BC identified a requirement to better understand the effects of hydraulic fracturing in the Horn River Basin. The dissemination of precise and accurate geotechnical information to the public is the foundation of their work.
- Nanometrics Athena data sheet | Brochure
- The empirical relationship between moment (Mw) and local (ML) magnitudes is examined for small events in western Alberta. A comparison of the two magnitude scales indicate that ML attains smaller values than Mw for Mw<3.
- Induced Seismicity Risk Management Strategies: Montney Case Study | Presentation/PosterChange of in-situ stresses due to hydraulic fracturing activities may induce earthquakes on critically-stressed faults when pressure pathways exists for communication to the nearby faults.
- Purpose: To establish a regional network with real-time data streaming for monitoring seismic activity in the province of Alberta.
- Predictions of Earthquake Ground Motions in Western AB | Presentation/Poster
- Network Performance Estimation- Verifying Prediction of MC with Observation from an Earthquake Catalogue | Presentation/PosterWe address the problem of designing a seismic network for monitoring induced seismic events that must meet specific performance criteria. We propose a method to assess a fundamental measure of performance without an earthquake catalogue: magnitude of completeness.