Do You Have a Moment- Comparison of Geophones and Seismometers | Presentation/Poster
- Real-Time Induced Seismicity Forecasting and Risk Management Utilizing Research-grade Seismic Catalogs | Presentation/PosterPractical management of induced seismicity risk and effective mitigation approaches are crucial to oil and gas operations.
- Predictions of Earthquake Ground Motions in Western AB | Presentation/Poster
- Network Performance Estimation- Verifying Prediction of MC with Observation from an Earthquake Catalogue | Presentation/PosterWe address the problem of designing a seismic network for monitoring induced seismic events that must meet specific performance criteria. We propose a method to assess a fundamental measure of performance without an earthquake catalogue: magnitude of completeness.
- MS Network Performance Est: Avoiding False Negatives Traffic Light | Presentation/PosterIn recent years high pressure fluid injection into rock has become a common process in a number of applications resulting in the potential for triggered seismic events. As such, induced seismicity monitoring is essential in order to understand and limit the hazards of such processes.
- Local Magnitude Formula for Western Alberta | Presentation/PosterWe examine the distance attenuation of peak Wood-Anderson (WA) amplitudes obtained from earthquakes in western Alberta, to develop a regionally-calibrated local magnitude (ML) equation.
- ISM- BB Seismometer & Geophone Comparison | Presentation/PosterThe risks associated with induced seismicity have risen in prominence with the occurrence of several large earthquakes characterized as induced, which have caused public concern in multiple jurisdictions.