Do You Have a Moment- Comparison of Geophones and Seismometers | Presentation/Poster
- Don't miss Sepideh Karimi's poster presentation "Practical Implementation and Evaluation of a Real-time Forecasting-based Induced Seismicity Management System" at the Third Schatzalp Wor
- Real-Time Induced Seismicity Forecasting and Risk Management Utilizing Research-grade Seismic Catalogs | Presentation/PosterPractical management of induced seismicity risk and effective mitigation approaches are crucial to oil and gas operations.
- Seismic Monitoring Services Brochure | BrochureBuilding on over 30 years of seismic instrumentation development, Nanometrics has evolved into a market leader in turnkey seismic monitoring for the energy production sector.
- In response to induced seismicity observed in western Canada, existing public networks have been densified and a number of private networks have been deployed to closely monitor induced earthquakes associated with oil and gas operations in the region.
- GeoScience BC identified a requirement to better understand the effects of hydraulic fracturing in the Horn River Basin. The dissemination of precise and accurate geotechnical information to the public is the foundation of their work.
- Nanometrics Athena data sheet | Brochure
- Purpose: To establish a regional network with real-time data streaming for monitoring seismic activity in the province of Alberta.
- Predictions of Earthquake Ground Motions in Western AB | Presentation/Poster
- Network Performance Estimation- Verifying Prediction of MC with Observation from an Earthquake Catalogue | Presentation/PosterWe address the problem of designing a seismic network for monitoring induced seismic events that must meet specific performance criteria. We propose a method to assess a fundamental measure of performance without an earthquake catalogue: magnitude of completeness.
- MS Network Performance Est: Avoiding False Negatives Traffic Light | Presentation/PosterIn recent years high pressure fluid injection into rock has become a common process in a number of applications resulting in the potential for triggered seismic events. As such, induced seismicity monitoring is essential in order to understand and limit the hazards of such processes.