Explore our key resources
- Case Study - Excellent results in Grafenberg, Germany Next Generation Trillium Borehole installed at the GRFO station site (Chinese) - 中文版本 | Case study
- A new broadband seismograph network for passive seismic imaging of earth structures has been installed in the Yukon using a new Posthole installation method that is now yielding excellent results.
- GeoScience BC identified a requirement to better understand the effects of hydraulic fracturing in the Horn River Basin. The dissemination of precise and accurate geotechnical information to the public is the foundation of their work.
- Purpose of case study: A five-year study to better understand seismicity and crustal behaviour in the Mackenzie Mountains and River Basin region of the Yukon.
- New Temporary Broadband Array with Open Public Data Set Will Facilitate New Research: IRIS PASSCAL, Sweetwater, TX | Case studyPurpose of the study: To establish a temporary mixed phase broadband seismic array with publically open and available data that will facilitate new research. This was a 6 week study that began on March 11, 2014.
- Nanometrics Athena data sheet | Brochure
- Nanometrics Apollo Data Sheet | Brochure
- ISM traffic light protocols are implemented to manage induced seismic risk associated with Oil and Gas extraction activity. Incorrect application of protocols can have significant consequences for operators, associated communities and other stakeholders.
- Installation Techniques & Network Performance: Impact of Sensor Installation Techniques on Seismic Network Performance | Presentation/PosterThe magnitude of completeness (Mc) of a seismic network is determined by a number of factors including station density, self-noise and passband of the sensor used, ambient noise environment and sensor installation method and depth.
- SEISMIC NETWORK PERFORMANCE ESTIMATION: Comparing Predictions to Observation from an Earthquake Catalogue | Presentation/PosterWe compare predictions of network performance to observations made from an earthquake catalogue. We estimate event spectra using Brune modeling and station noise to predict the magnitude of completeness for a network.