The Titan Posthole force balance triaxial accelerometer is ideally suited for national networks and research applications requiring reliable and durable instrumentation for strong motion and free-field studies.
The accelerometer is housed in a waterproof stainless steel enclosure and can be deployed in a direct burial posthole or cased borehole, which enables co-location with broadband posthole seismometers.
The Titan Posthole features industry leading dynamic range that, when combined with ultra-low self-noise performance, mitigates cultural noise resulting in precise measurements and high quality data.
It is the first accelerometer to incorporate software selectable full scale range and offset zeroing capabilities. Operators will also appreciate the instrument’s low power consumption, making the Titan Posthole the instrument of choice for difficult to access or remote deployments, where site visits should be minimized.
Industry Leading Performance Attributes
- Industry leading 166 dB dynamic range
- Ultra-low self-noise comparable to some broadband seismometers
- Wide operational frequency range: DC to 430 Hz
- Best in class thermal stability and high accuracy provide increased data quality
- Full scale range of ±0.125 g to ±4 g with independent horizontal and vertical range selection.
Ease of Use
- Electronically selectable full scale range facilitates remote sensor control when deployments are distant or difficult to access
- Integrated web server provides efficient instrument management and control
Polar Certified Model available for
operating temperatures down to -45°C