The best digitizer just got better!
The new Centaur Digital Recorder (CTR4 series models) introduces a number of capabilities including calibration output enhancements that support broader sensor calibration.These new models support a current source mode in addition to voltage source mode and improved calibration output signal accuracy of ±1%. The voltage mode maximum output range has been doubled to 20 Vpp.
The Centaur digital recorder has the richest feature set of any digitizer in its class, and because it’s highly configurable, the Centaur is right for virtually any application.
The new CTR4 series models include the CTR4-3A which has built-in case tamper detection, supports external tamper switches, and has built-in hardware authentication of CD-1.1 message formats, providing a fully-integrated, compact and low-power digitizing solution ideally suited for monitoring stations streaming authenticated data.
For all models of Centaur, firmware version 4.3.13 adds a new highly versatile sensor orientation correction feature unique to Nanometrics which performs full 3D real-time data rotation to correct for sensor Azimuth misalignment, sensor tilt, as well as axis remapping.
- 142dB dynamic range, designed to maintain its dynamic range at higher sample rates and outperforms all competitive products at sample rates above 100 sps
- Higher performance analog-to-digital conversion and powerful digital signal processor with special built-in capabilities
- Lowest noise
- 6 pre-amp gain settings from 1 to 40 times gain
- Sample rates from 1 up to 5000 sps
- Removable SD card plus fixed internal memory, each up to 64GB for true redundancy of recorded data
- High accuracy voltage and current source calibration signal generator
- 3-channel or 6-channel versions
- Dual sample rates, so user can choose any two
- Configurable high-quality, low-pass and high-pass filters, up to 5th order
- Options can be selected specifically to reduce latency
- Firmware that’s flexible enough to accommodate different filter designs
- Robust, IP-68 enclosure that’s factory waterproof tested
- No corruption of archive data even if power fails
Easy to use
- Power efficient, requiring about 800 mW when archiving, <1W when streaming
- Simple browser-based web user interface, with multiple language options
- RESP or Dataless SEED instrument response file for both digitizer and sensor is created on demand and reflects the current instrument configuration
- Seedlink streaming directly from the Centaur
New - Digital bubble level for alignment and leveling
Now it's even easier to deploy your direct bury seismometers
If you are installing a direct burial sensor at depth with an alignment rod, this feature makes it possible to use a 'virtual bubble level' to align and level your sensor when the sensor is out of visual range.
The bubble level visualizes the tilt of the seismometer in near real-time (approximately 1 second delay). It can take the place of a physical bubble level in posthole installations where the seismometer may be out of sight of the installer, or too dark or dirty to see clearly. It also eliminates the need to carry a separate level bubble accessory for posthole seismometers. For deeper posthole installations (beyond arm’s reach), the seismometer may be manipulated with an alignment rod while watching the bubble level GUI.
When the display screen is oriented in the same direction as the seismometer, the digital bubble level mimics the behaviour of a real bubble level—that is, tilting the seismometer in the north direction causes the bubble to move south, and vice versa. This feedback is useful for orienting the seismometer in a level position.
Alternatively, when the display screen is oriented 180° to the seismometer (south on the display screen lined up with the north mark on the seismometer), the digital bubble level behaves like a cursor controlled by a joystick—that is, tilting the seismometer in the north direction causes the cursor to move north on the screen. Some users may find this behavior more intuitive, allowing them to level the seismometer more quickly.
Centaur technology is also integrated into our Meridian Compact and Meridian Compact Posthole digital seismographs.