The second generation Horizon maintains all of the performance and capabilities of the first generation while reducing power consumption by over 50%.
Nanometrics’ commitment to the ongoing improvement of our instrumentation has led to the latest version of this versatile, low-power seismometer. In addition to the new lower power consumption, the Trillium Horizon’s design is exceptionally versatile, ideal for both direct bury and vault use cases. This lightweight, easy-to-deploy sensor can be direct buried at shallow depth or set on a pier.
Local, regional & teleseismic studies
The Trillium Horizon is ideal for local, regional and teleseismic studies having a response flat to velocity from 120 seconds to 150 Hz and exceptionally low self-noise. Operators will appreciate the low power consumption, automatic mass centering and robust no-mass lock design inherent in all Trillium seismometers. The Horizon is ideal for instrument pools; it gives you all the versatility you need with a smaller financial investment and less storage space required than purchasing both vault and direct-bury instruments.
A highly integrated station solution
When using the Horizon with our popular Centaur digitizer, you’ll have access to a digital leveling bubble through the Centaur GUI. The virtual leveling bubble makes for easy leveling down a dark hole, or once buried, gives you the ability to check levelness at any time. When combined with our new Pegasus digitizer the Horizon provides a true broadband station with an overall power consumption of less than 450 mW, providing an ideal solution for rapid response applications that require high resolution data.
- Ultra-low power consumption (230 mW)
- Designed for both shallow bury and vault installs
- Ideal for regional and teleseismic studies
- Highly portable and easy to deploy
- Features a digital bubble level for easy downhole leveling
- Stainless steel and resistant to the elements
- Immersible to 10 m (able to survive indefinitely in a flooded vault)
- Top-mounted connector to facilitate direct bury
- Automatic mass centering
Our optional accessories ensure fast and easy deployment
- Sensor cables
- Transport case
- Alignment and leveling toolkit
- Insulating cover
- Lifting cable
- Bubble level cover (shown in photo above)
Ultra-low temperature options available